Summer is in full swing, and for those of you in the USA happy Independence Day. Here are some links:
- This blog post on Participate, Facilitate and Alternate (Retrospectives) – led me to look at Retrium. Haven’t used it but looks worth a review.
- Three Simple Sentences – Great content advice, especially for presentations.
- The tricks to make yourself effortlessly charming – I won’t aspire to be George Clooney, but I know I could stand to smile a lot more.
- For an Inclusive Culture, Try Working Less – I loved this article as it hit home with some unspoken thoughts I had over my last 10 years in corporate America. Forced or even encouraged socialization outside of work might be the worst thing you can do as a leader to encourage an inclusive organization.
- Thrown Into Management: Lessons Learned Leading Thumbtack’s Design Team – Some good “first 90 days” advice.
- Seven Steps to See and Solve Blindspots – Blindspots let you blame others for your shortcomings and feel superior while doing it. The worst blindness is seeing your blindspots and excusing them.
- For Evernote, 11 Advanced Search Techniques to Quickly Find What You Need – Always good to refresh myself with types on using Evernote more effectively. The content-type and source searches can be very useful.