Happy Father’s Day to all of you that qualify out there! To all of you, I hope you thanked a father today.
- In the “can we learn from celebrities” category “or is this just anecdotal” category:
- Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Oprah Winfrey All Use the 5-Hour Rule – In the article “Malcolm Gladwell Got Us Wrong,” the researchers behind the 10,000-Hour Rule set the record straight: Different fields require different amounts of deliberate practice in order for someone to become world-class.
- Billionaire Richard Branson Does This At Every Meeting. Here’s Why You Should Do It Too. – TL;DR: he takes notes with paper and writing instrument.
- The tech world is rallying around a young developer who made a huge, embarrassing mistake – Remember this? I used this story earlier this year in one of my college courses as a reminder that we will all make mistakes. How individuals (and the companies that they work with) deal with those mistakes is what truly matters.
- How to Write Like James Comey – This is about as political as I’ll get here.
- 10 Senior Leadership Lessons I Wish I Learned Sooner – For final thoughts, a Tweet stream that I agree with wholeheartedly. “Your peers become your first team, not your directs (”5 Dysfunctions of a Team“). Your relationships w/ them are critical to your success.” Yep.