Can’t browse through Chrome? Does it keep crashing while launching? Instead of worrying try our experts’ solutions. Fix Chrome keeps closing issue with ease like never before.
Chrome is a user-friendly feature enriched browser. Depending on the number of features the possibility of technical glitch increases. And all your works encounter the barrier. However, we have got your back! Scroll down and learn how to fix chrome crash on startup.
Why does Google Chrome Keep Crashing?
There can be numerous reasons because of which the chrome closing itself. These are the most common reasons because of which you might be got forced to encounter the frustrating error,
- Conflict with some other software
- The memory is full with cache and cookies file
- Your browser has encountered a Privacy Error because of incorrect date and time
- Some Chrome extension is causing the problem
Methods To Resolve The Google Chrome Crashing
Now, you know why does Chrome keeps shutting down let’s try some fixes. Go through the workarounds we have listed here and resolve your issues.
Restart Your Computer
Some apps or programs may get into conflict with chrome. And you will have problems loading some page with it. In those circumstances, you can try to restart your computer and try to load the page again.
See also What Is Mozilla Maintenance Service?
If it doesn’t fix the error try some other resolutions.
Clear Cookies and Cache
Clear the cache and cookies from your browser can help you to get back your browser into working condition again. Follow the steps below to clear cache and cookies from chrome
- Firstly, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Then, click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- Now Choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files,’ check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Try these things. It can solve your Chrome error.
Fix Date And Time Of Your Computer
To fix the Date and time of your computer:
- Right-click on the date and time section and choose the Adjust date/time option
- Then Update your Date and Time to your current time zone
- Open the tab in Incognito Mode
Are you facing the Chrome Error after opening some tab from the browser? Then these can work as a troubleshooting step for the issue you are facing. All you have to do is press the Ctrl+ Shift + N to open an incognito window.
Now once you entered into the incognito mode try to enter the website that you were trying to visit. If the site opens without any issue, then the extensions were causing you the problem. Disabling the particular extension can solve the issue.
Follow the steps below to disable Chrome extensions:
- Click the menu icon and then select settings from there
- On the left side of the opened window click Extensions, these will open the list of extensions for you
- Now take a look whether any extensions are interfering your SSL connection. Un-check the box next to Enable, and this will disable the extensions
See also Kindle App For Windows 10: Unable To Connect Error Solved
Clear Your SSL State
A problem with the SSL State can make you face the error. Try to clear SSL State of your chrome browser and get away from the problem.
- Go to the menu option, the three dots just below the close button
- Now, Select Settings
- Then, scroll down the page and open advanced settings
- After that select the Open proxy settings tab
- Now, a window named ‘Internet Properties’ will open
- Finally, go to the Content window from there and Click on the Clear SSL State Button
Disable QUIC Protocol
When we try to open any web page using Chrome, Google’s servers receive a TLS/SSL equivalent connection from QUIC (Quick UDP Internet Connections) protocol. The protocol is enabled by default. Disabling that can help you to fix the error. Follow the steps below to disable it,
- Firstly, copy ‘chrome://flags/#enable-quic’ and paste it into the address bar
- Hit the Enter Button
- Look at the top of your screen; the Experimental QUIC Protocol would have been set as Default
- Disable it and relaunch chrome
Update Google Chrome
To ensure the browsing security keeping your browser updated is mandatory. Usually, chrome takes update when you close and reopen the browser. But at times it might not receive an automatic update. If you find your browser is not going through an automatic update, you must proceed with the manual update.
Before going through the process check whether your chrome browser is updated or not.
To check if the browser is updated or not go through the steps below,
- Firstly, open the Browser
- Then click on the three dots icon under the close button
See also How To Block Unwanted Tabs From Opening In Firefox?
The more icon will show different color depending upon the number of days the update is pending.
- Red: Update available for 7 days but not installed
- Orange: An update is pending for 4 days
- Green: Update has been available for two days
Now if you find you need to update Google Chrome follow the steps below
- At first open Chrome from your computer
- Then Click on More
- Now, choose the Update Google Chrome Button. If you can’t find it, then you already have the latest version
- Finally, Click Re-launch
Google Chrome browser is the gateway to the world of internet for many of us. So, it is crucial for us to make our hands used to with the solutions to Chrome errors. I’ve tried my best to give you a smoother experience with the browser.
Following all the solutions will surely fix Chrome keeps closing problem. If you face any difficulties proceeding with the steps, let us know through the comment box below. We will help you for sure.
Why My Avast Behavior Shield Keeps Turning Off?
How To Disable Incognito Mode Or Private Browsing Setting?
Avast Update Stuck At Initializing Issue Fixed!
Chrome GPU Process Using High Memory! 5 Tricks To Fix