Have you tried extracting an archive with the help of 7Zip utility but couldn’t complete? “There are some data after the end of the payload data”– is this message popping up? Instead of worrying go through our expert’s guide on the 7Zip data error and troubleshoot your issue.
This unconventional error is a type of warning message that doesn’t really interfere with the extraction process. Why you get the message? Well, if you have a 7-Zip bug, then you are most likely to encounter the error than other users.
What Causes The Warning Message- “There Are Some Data After The End Of The Payload Data”?
As we’ve already mentioned, many reasons are there to lead you to see this warning message. The causes are as follows:
1) 7-Zip bug- The 7 Zip data error while extracting is a common issue on the older builds especially, build 16.02. the developers don’t have any proper explanation regarding the issue, but users have observed that it’s solely related to the RAR encryption of certain type of data.
2) 7-Zip utility is unable to detect the archive type- “7zip there are some data after the end of the payload data” this message can also be displayed on your screen when the 7-Zip utility keeps failing to detect specific archive type.
See also Microsoft Mouse Without Borders Not Working In Windows 10
3) 7-Zip is reporting an archive error- The 7-Zip utility developers have mentioned that the latest version of 7-Zip builds specially designed to report an error with certain file types.
Mostly TAR archives come with this error. Until the updated version of 7-Zip went into the market, the bad sectors of TAR archive were not reported.
But now you can quickly get the signal of the presence of bad sectors in the file you’re trying to extract, with the “7zip there are some data after the payload” warning message.
Anyway, you can ignore the error message sometimes, as it is not always effective on the extracted archive files. The file extension that you are trying to extract is the base of this warning message.
You don’t have to struggle with the issue anymore as we have furnished the troubleshooting tricks below. Try our expert’s methods one by one and resolve the 7zip unexpected end of data error.
How To Fix The 7Zip Data Error?
Many troubleshooting tricks are there to discard the issue. We have provided 2 basic yet effective methods here. Take a look.
Method 1: Update the 7-Zip
Before trying another solution, you need to make sure that your 7-Zip is running with the latest version. You should check for updates just to ensure that you do not see the warning message due to 7-Zip bug and the version is latest than build 16.02.
How To Update 7Zip?
- Firstly, open the 7-Zip and navigate to the “Help” option placed in the ribbon bar and click it
- Next click on the “About 7-Zip” from the drop-down menu
- It’s time to check the build number if it is newer than 16.02 or not
See also How To Edit The Text In Paint 3D – Complete Guide
If it is the latest version, then there is no requirement of the update, but if not then you must update your 7-Zip. Follow the steps below to complete the process.
- At first, click here and visit the page
- Now, you have to check the architecture of your PC and hit the associated download link of 7-Zip 18.05 next to the various versions of PC
- So make sure you are hitting the correct link that your PC will support
- Next, you have to open the installation executable and select a location
- After putting the location in the space hit the install button
- Once the latest version gets installed, you will be asked to restart your PC
- Agree to that condition and click on the Yes button
- Finally, your system will restart after completing the installation process
After your PC restarts check whether the 7-zip data error while extracting is still there or not. If the issue persists follow the next method.
Method 2: Rename The File Extension From .zip To .rar
If you are still getting the warning message after updating the 7-Zip to the latest version, then you must check the inconsistency of the extraction utility for determining specific files. Check our quick guide on how to rename the file extension from .zip to .rar.
- Firstly, open the File Explorer and ensure all the file extensions are visible
- If not then go to the “View” option and check the box of “File name extension”
- Now, you have to right-click the archive showing error message while extracting and select “Rename”
- After that, change the file extension from “.zip” to “.rar” and click on “Yes” for confirmation
- Finally, right-click on the modified 7Zip archive and open it
See also How To Fix “An Issue With Your Computer Is Blocking The VAC System” Error?
That’s all! You shouldn’t get the warning message anymore. Perform all the steps one-by-one until you reach the solution.
Guys if you face any issue while performing the steps then you must get in touch with us via comment box. Use the same box for further query regarding the warning message – “There are some data after the end of the payload data.” We will revert within a couple of hours. Moreover, don’t forget to share your views on this troubleshooting guide.
Why My Avast Behavior Shield Keeps Turning Off?
How To Disable Incognito Mode Or Private Browsing Setting?
Avast Update Stuck At Initializing Issue Fixed!
Chrome GPU Process Using High Memory! 5 Tricks To Fix